Huckabee Debate Highlights

Friday, May 4, 2007

"I have an optimistic vision for what America can become with the right leadership, a clear direction, and people who are willing to believe that the World War II generation doesn't have to be the last 'greatest generation.' I believe in the unlimited potential of the human spirit, a strong national defense, flatter and fairer taxes, and a government that allows the marketplace to regulate itself as much as possible to encourage and enhance free enterprise.

"I'm concerned that our national focus has been more on what divides us, rather than on what unites us. Too often, our government is polarized and paralyzed, focused on the politics of destruction, instead of what we can achieve when we come together with a common purpose.

"My strong personal values have always been at the heart of my public policies. I believe we can unite in spirit to take our country back to provide hope and opportunity for all Americans. As governor, I guided Arkansas through a period of remarkable change and progress. As President, I will lead the American people toward a time when we can successfully meet our goals, overcome difficult challenges, and rekindle our dreams to realize the impossible, in our great nation, the United States of America."